Saturday, November 5, 2011

Welcome to SOCHUM

Hello delegates of the committee of the United Nations that is SOCHUM,

In order for our interaction with you to be as efficacious as possible, it is best that we offer you a brief introduction to ourselves.

I am called Zohaib. I am a third year Neuroscience student at the University of Alberta. However, you shall know me only as your chair. I will be responsible for running your committee sessions, deciding if motions are in order and moderating discussions. I am also quite awesome. Remember these facts as they will be pertinent for you to succeed in the committee of Social. Cultural,and Humanitarian Affairs.

Greetings delegates. My name is Jonathan Chu and I am a first year Science student at the University of Alberta. You can call me Director Chu. I will only respond to said title. I am the director for SOCHUM, and I will be responsible for many of the same tasks as your chair, in addition to proofreading your resolutions. I am also awesome, but not as awesome as your chair. At the conference, don't forget my title. Or else.

Hey there! My name is Amy Smith and I am in my first year in the Arts at U of A, and I am the attache for this amazing committee of SOCHUM!! Any time you have any questions about your foreign policy feel free to ask me. Also I will help guide you in the right direction to maximize your participation and fully enjoy your experience with us at this conference! I believe we are ALL awesome and we will spread this awesomeness.

However if your DAIS and I find that you are not representing your country, that awesomeness will turn to wrath, and I will intervene you right in the face.

See you there :)

Your leaders,

Awesome, Awesomer, Awesomest

No comments: