Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome to GAI - Disarmament & Security (DISEC)


Welcome, esteemed delegate!

My name is Rebecca Thomas, & I am the GA I: DISEC Committee Chair for HSMUN 2012. This is my fourth year of HSMUN, so if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

It's Muhammed Patel here and I will be your favorite Director again this year. This is my 5th year being involved with HSMUN (3 years as a delegate....no, I’m not that old) so me and Rebecca will have answers to all your questions, and if we don't, well that will not happen.
I love sports, my xbox, and my coffee(no hints there). We will try our best to make this years conference the best yet.

My name is Catherine Fan and I’ll be your intervention attaché this year! I’m very excited for my first year of political science at the University of Alberta and volunteering with HSMUN. When not thinking about politics, whether international, national, provincial or municipal – actually, scratch that. That’s almost never. Anyways, if you want to stay out of trouble with the intervention staff…we like bribes! But really, if you ever have questions, don’t hesitate to ask!


In the future, please refer to posts that are tagged as DISEC, as they are the MOST important ones. Encourage your other HSMUN pals to read our posts, because the issues will also be relevant to them in terms of foreign policy. Throughout the course of the year, we will be providing you a regular overview of important goings-on in the world. Our postings will relate to our two topics of focus:
- The question of dealing with the cross-border proliferation of small arms
- The question of military tactics resulting in a high percentage of 'accidental' civilian deaths
Please refer to the background papers when they are posted for an initial overview.

We also encourage you to give us some feedback! If you've found it to be so, please click the Interesting or Helpful dialogue buttons located at the bottom of our DISEC blog posts!


No comments: