Saturday, November 5, 2011

DO NOT UNEP - Underestimate Nerdy Environmental People

Welcome to HSMUN 2012!
Congratulations! You have been chosen for UNEP - the coolest committee ever to grace the halls of HSMUN. Or at least the lecture theatres. Together, we are the United Nations Environmental Programme, saving the world one hop at a time.
My name is Alan, and I will be your chairperson! I am a third year Earth Sciences student at the U of A. In my free time, I enjoy long walks on quicksand beaches with my cannibalistic rabbit Sony. I do not like hats.

Hi! I'm Ashley, and I'm your director! I'm in my first year of a Molecular Genetics degree at the U of A. I, with my clone, Dee Enay, will one day save the environment from its imminent doom using genetically modified mangoes.

Hey, I'm Teresa and I will be your intervention attache (I will always be watching). I am a first year general science student at the U of A and a huge language and history nerd. Eventually I plan on working on agriculture development within developing countries and I enjoy country-hopping with my dual citizenship.
 
We cannot do this without you! This year, we need YOUR help to solve these grave and potentially disastrous issues. Here is your quest:
 
1) The Question of Environmental Accountability for Resource Extraction
2) The Question of Standardization of the 'Organic' Food Label
 
The power is in your hands! Good luck.
 
UNEP Staff

No comments: