Saturday, October 25, 2008

A brief note of introduction

As this year's Secretary-General, it gives me great pleasure to invite you all to attend HSMUN 2009! Having been a delegate, a Director and an Under-Secretary-General over the past few years I am excited to be able to share my passion for the conference will you all. If there is anything we can do to support your participation in the conference please do let us know through comments or email (hsmun@ualberta.ca). Registration does open on Oct. 31 and please note the finalized list of SC delegations.
As everyone else seems to be introducing themselves on their committee blogs I thought I would begin by sharing a few random facts about myself and some of my favorite links.
- I am currently in a class on American Politics and have been immersed in the election for months so if you haven't seen the SNL Katie Couric/Sarah Palin skit yet you should definitely watch. Having seen a couple of the actual interviews I can tell you that this entire thing is spot on.
- I have a love of libraries which is most expedient given the amount of time, as an arts student, I spend in them doing research for papers.
- It is a shared opinion among several members of the Secretariat (although not by our illustrious Director-General), that The West Wing remains a high point in Television History.

Yours,
Amy Sanderson
Secretary-General
HSMUN 2009

No comments: